What is Tee it Up?
Tee it Up for Charity is HYPE’s signature event held annually on Thursday night during the Travelers Championship. The event features music, delicious food, an open bar, a silent auction, and an optional 3-hole tournament. Every single dollar raised is donated to charity. In 2014, over 350 Tee it Up attendees raised $15,000 for charity! The June 25, 2015 event will benefit The First Tee of Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and Journey Home.
How much does it cost to attend?
Early registration (before Tuesday, June 23rd at noon) is $40 for HYPE members and $45 for non-members. All walk-ins will be $50, regardless of membership status. You can pre-register on our website.
Anything else included?
Your registration for Tee it Up includes a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship that can be used any day of the tournament and a Lot B General Parking pass. PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to use these tickets before Tee it Up, or if you would like a valet parking pass for the night of the event (see “Transportation and Parking” below), you must stop by a Ticket Pick-up Night (see next section). The Lot B General Parking pass that you will receive is not to use the night of the event, it can be used during the tournament. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of Tee It Up.
If you do not plan to attend the tournament until after Tee it Up, or if you do not need/want a valet parking pass, you can get your tournament ticket and Lot B Parking Pass when you arrive at the event on June 25th.
Ticket Pick-Up Nights
There will be 3 Ticket Pick-up nights where pre-registered attendees can pick up their tournament ticket, Lot B parking pass, and/or valet parking pass. You must come in person if you wish to pick up your tickets early. Advance notice must be given if you wish to have your tickets picked up by a friend. Those who are not yet registered can do so in person on these nights as well. Once you are registered, your name will be on the registration list, and a nametag will be provided to you when you arrive on June 25th.
Get HYPEd at the Mezzanine, Wednesday, June 3, 5:30-8:30pm
(Look for Jackie and Kim)
Packet Pickup Night at The Tavern Downtown, Monday, June 22, 5-7pm
(Look for Jackie)
Packet Pickup Night at Vaughn’s, Wednesday, June 24, 5-7pm
(Look for Kim)
Transportation and Parking
There are a few options available to event attendees:
- Register by noon June 23rd to receive complimentary valet parking the night of the event. A special pass is required and can be picked up at one of the ticket pick up nights in advance of the event (this is only available to those registered by June 23rd; all others will park in Lot B). It's important to note, this pass is only valid for our event beginning at 5:30pm on Thursday, June 25th. Please make sure the pass is hanging from your mirror when you enter the course, follow the signs for All Event Parking, then bear right at the fork on Access Road to the valet station (right in front of our event).
- Anyone driving to the event who does not obtain a valet parking pass in advance will have to park in Lot B. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of the event. Valet Parking is preferable as Lot B is not close to the event location and it will be dark when the event ends.
- We also have a free bus that leaves the State of Connecticut parking lot at 165 Capitol Avenue in downtown Hartford at 5:45pm on the 25th, and will bring you back to that location after the event. This lot is free and open to the public after 5:30pm, and vehicles must be removed prior to the start of business at 6am the next day. Space is limited, so those who wish to take the bus should select is as an option when registering for Tee It Up. Additional details will be emailed to riders.
Please note that the bar will close at 8:30PM, thirty minutes prior to the end of the event. Please drink responsibly.
3-Hole Golf Tournament
There is an optional 3-hole Golf Tournament at the event. Entry into the tournament is $10 and can be purchased online in advance on our website here, or in person at the event. Since this is a charity event, there is a no-refund policy in the event of rain. Tee it Up attendees should NOT bring their own clubs to the event. Demo clubs will be provided.
The process for the tournament is as follows:
- Upon arrival/registration, players will receive a scorecard at the main event registration table. The scorecard will act as the payment coupon. They will be instructed to bring their scorecard and report to the starters stand located next to the stairs.
- At the Starters Stand participants will be placed on a list to play. Players will be put into groups of 3 or 4. If they can’t play immediately, they will be asked to leave their cell phone number to receive a text when they should report back to the starter stand.
- Each player will begin on the 1st Tee. They will be allowed three attempts to get a ball as close to the center of the target as possible. Scores will range from 1 to 5. 1 being a hole-in-one to 5 (total arrant and off the green). Players will mark their score card with their lowest result. This process will be replicated on the next hole.
- After completing the first two holes players will be directed back up the hill to the putting green where there will be three putting stations. Each player will record the total number of putts need to get the ball in the cup. The players should record their result at each of the putting stations.
- Upon completion, players should return their score cards to the starter stand where they will be added to the leader board.
- The three lowest scores will be entered into a single elimination playoff for the title.
There will be a silent auction at Tee it Up to help raise additional funds for The First Tee Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and Journey Home. All items must be picked up and paid for before leaving the event. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A preview list of items can be found on the HYPE Blog. We will be continuously updating this list as we receive items.
This is a casual event. Ladies usually wear sundresses, and men can be comfortable in pants/shorts and a polo shirt (suit/tie unnecessary). Comfortable shoes are recommended.
There will be an after party at Salute
(100 Trumbull Street, Hartford). Any and all are welcome to attend, and there is no cover charge.
If you have any additional questions, please contact HYPE Program Specialist Jackie Valliere. Take a look at our FAQ video below!