What is Tee it Up?
Tee it Up for Charity is HYPE’s signature event held annually on Thursday night during the Travelers Championship. The event features music by My Life Your Entertainment DJ, delicious food, an open bar, tastings courtesy of Hartford Flavor Company, a silent auction, and an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition. Every single dollar raised is donated to charity. In 2015, over 250 Tee it Up attendees raised $17,000 for charity! The August 4th, 2016 event will benefit The First Tee of Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and Hartford’s Camp Courant.
How much does it cost to attend?
Early registration (before Wednesday, August 3rd at 11:59pm) is $40 for HYPE members and $50 for non-members. All walk-ins will be $50, regardless of membership status. You can pre-register on our website.
Anything else included?
Your registration for Tee it Up includes a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship that can be used any day of the tournament and a Lot B General Parking pass. PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to use these tickets before Tee it Up, or if you would like a valet parking pass for the night of the event (see “Transportation and Parking” below), you must stop by a Ticket Pick-up Night (see next section). The Lot B General Parking pass that you will receive is not to use the night of the event, it can be used during the tournament. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of Tee It Up.
If you do not plan to attend the tournament until after Tee it Up, or if you do not need/want a valet parking pass, you can get your tournament ticket and Lot B Parking Pass when you arrive at the event on August 4th.
Ticket Pick-Up Nights
There will be 3 Ticket Pick-up nights where pre-registered attendees can pick up their tournament ticket, Lot B parking pass, and/or valet parking pass. You must come in person if you wish to pick up your tickets early. Advance notice must be given if you wish to have your tickets picked up by a friend. Those who are not yet registered can do so in person on these nights as well. Once you are registered, your name will be on the registration list, and a nametag will be provided to you when you arrive on August 4th.
Tuesday, July 26th at Ted's Montana Grill from 4:00-7:00pm
(look for Kim)
Monday, August 1st at Vaughns Public House from 4:00-7:00pm
(look for Jackie)
Wednesday, August 3rd at Get HYPEd at Rocking Horse Saloon from 5:30-8:00pm
(look for Kim and Jackie)
Transportation and Parking
There are a few options available to event attendees:
1. Register by August 3rd at 11:59pm to receive complimentary valet parking the night of the event. A special pass is required and can be picked up at one of the ticket pick up nights in advance of the event (this is only available to those registered by August 3rd; all others will park in Lot B). It's important to note, this pass is only valid for our event beginning at 5:30pm on Thursday, August 4th. Please make sure the pass is hanging from your mirror when you enter the course, follow the signs for All Event Parking, then bear right at the fork on Access Road to the valet station (right in front of our event).
2. Anyone driving to the event who does not obtain a valet parking pass in advance will have to park in Lot B. You do not need a parking pass to park in Lot B the night of the event. Valet Parking is preferable as Lot B is not close to the event location and it will be dark when the event ends.
3. Arrive in Style with Uber to Tee It Up! We're thrilled to have partnered Uber to provide new Uber users a free ride (up to $20) to or from Tee It Up.
How does it work? Using Uber's free iPhone/Android/Windows app, request a pickup and a car driven by the closest available driver will show up in minutes. Your credit card is billed directly for your trip and there's no need to tip, so you won't need to carry cash. You can even see the car coming towards you on a map!
If you will be taking Uber TO Tee It Up, you MUST pick up you valet parking pass at one of the three ticket pick up nights. Your valet parking pass is valid starting at 5:30pm the night of the event only, and must visible. Your or your driver may dispose of the pass after drop off. You do not need the valet parking pass to use Uber to leave the event, as tournament play will have ended and Uber drivers will have access to the valet parking without the pass.
Follow these simple steps to get $20 off your ride:
- Download the free Uber iPhone/Android/Windows app (or sign up at get.uber.com/go/Teeitup)
- Enter your information in the Uber app and promo code Teeitup when you sign up.
- Request a ride 5 - 15 minutes before you need one. $20 will be applied towards your first ride on uberX, uberXL, UberPREMIUM, or UberPREMIUM SUV.
Questions? Check out uber.com/connecticut
Please note that the bar will close at 8:30PM, thirty minutes prior to the end of the event. Please drink responsibly.
Drive, Chip, & Putt Golf Tournament
This year there is an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition at the event. You can compete as many times as you would like in any of the three categories. Entry is $5 for one category, or $12 for all three. Tickets can be purchased at the event. Tee it Up attendees should NOT bring their own clubs to the event. Demo clubs will be provided.
The process for the tournament is as follows:
- Upon arrival/registration, players will receive a ticket/s and a scorecard at the registration table.
- Players can start from any of the three holes they choose, and do not have to participate in all three categories.
- Players will take three shots per category, with points awarded for each shot. Points from all three shots will be accumulated for a total score.
- Upon completion, players should return their score cards to the starter stand where they will be added to the leader board.
- The highest score in each of the three categories will win a prize.
There will be a silent auction at Tee it Up to help raise additional funds for The First Tee Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and Hartford's Camp Courant. All items must be picked up and paid for before leaving the event. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A preview list of items will be posted in a blog. We will be continuously updating this list as we receive items.
This is a casual event. Ladies usually wear sundresses, and men can be comfortable in pants/shorts and a polo shirt (suit/tie unnecessary). Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Join us for an after party at Salute!
If you have any additional questions, please contact HYPE Deputy Director Kim Lundy. Stay tuned for more updates and information!