The Personal and Professional Development Committee
holds events throughout the year such as speed networking events, finance seminars, 101 workshops, book club and more to get HYPEsters involved in hands-on activities. The HYPE Homemade blog series aims to bring the "hands-on" aspect of the events into your home, through a monthly cooking blog! Committee members will share recipes they enjoy, from grandma's special recipe passed down through generations, to cookbook favorites, to meals they've created!
During the month of November, we will feature multiple holiday recipes! This recipe comes from David Morse and his roommates, and is a great meal to make with all of your leftovers! Make sure to let us know in the blog comments if you tried the recipe!
Thanksgiving Kitchen Sink
Credit: Four guys, living in a house, with a bit of creativity
Level of difficulty: 0.5 out of 5
Tools required: 2 medium bowls, oven pan, cutting knives, cutting board, peeler, baking sheet, large pan, and medium skillet.
Time Required: Prep – 15 minutes, Cook – 25-30 minutes
About the recipe: Everyone enjoys sitting down and eating a Thanksgiving meal, with the turkey and all the fixings. This recipe combines some Thanksgiving favorites and other ingredients, and creates a simple yet cohesive dish.
Ingredients list (for 2 servings):
2 sweet potatoes (cut)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
12 oz. turkey breast (or chicken)
Feta cheese (optional)
1. Wash and dry all produce.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel sweet potatoes and then cut in ½ inch cubes.
2. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender (25 minutes total).
3. Core and seed red and yellow bell peppers, then cut into 1-inch squares. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, keeping greens and whites separate. Add all to the oven on a sheet pan (10 minutes total).
4. If you are using pre-cooked turkey, heat up on a skillet in light oil (season with salt and pepper). If you are using chicken, season chicken
breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil over medium hot-heat. Cook 5-6 on each side (until no longer pink in the center).
5. Once sweet potatoes and bell peppers are done, add to another medium bowl, with scallion whites, feta cheese (if utilized). Toss to combine.
6. Thinly slice turkey or chicken and add on top of all other ingredients.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Enjoy and share with friends!