What is Tee it Up?.
Tee it Up for Charity is HYPE’s signature event held annually on Thursday night during the Travelers Championship. The event features music by My Life Your Entertainment DJ, delicious food, an open bar (be sure to bring your ID), photo booth by Light Painting Portraits, a silent auction, and an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition. Every single dollar raised is donated to charity. In 2017, over 250 Tee It Up attendees raised $16,500 for charity, bringing our total raised since 2010 to over $111,000! The June 21st, 2018 event will benefit The First Tee of Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and The Village for Families & Children.
How much does it cost to attend?
Early registration (before Tuesday, June 19th at noon) is $40 for HYPE members and $50 for non-members. All walk-ins will be $50, regardless of membership status. You can pre-register on our website.
Anything else included?
Your registration for Tee It Up includes a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship that can be used any day of the tournament. This year ALL tickets will be sent electronically! You will receive a Tee It Up ticket for the night of the event, a valet parking pass good for the day of the event beginning at 5:30pm, and a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship.
Accessing Your Tickets
Once you have registered for Tee it Up, you will receive an email with the subject “Your Ticket Transfer Offer”. PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKET EMAILS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE. If you register before June, you will receive your email within the first week of June. The email will prompt you to accept the ticket transfer. Once accepted, you will be directed to a login page. You will have to create a simple account in order to log in and receive your tickets. Once your login is created, you will have access to your tickets. All tickets can be printed or downloaded to your mobile device.
1. Upon receiving an email with the subject “Your Ticket Transfer Offer”, open the email and click the “CLICK HERE TO ACCEPT TICKETS” box.
2. You will be brought to a login page that will show a summary of your tickets purchased
3. Follow the instructions to create an account
4. Once logged in, you’ll see another summary of your tickets. Click the “NEXT STEP” box to continue.
6. The next screen will show confirmation of your ticket transfer. Click the “MANAGE MORE TICKETS” box to select the day you would like to use your 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship. **Please note that you can log in closer to the event to choose**
7. From here, you can choose to print your tickets using the “PRINT AT HOME” box. Follow the instructions to print your tickets. You can also choose to use your tickets on your mobile device. To do so, you will need to log in to your account, and follow step 6. You will then see a “MOBILE ENTRY” link with a cellphone photo. Click that to populate your tickets on your mobile device.
Anyone who does not register by noon on Tuesday, June 19th will be able to purchase tickets by phone starting at 5:00pm the day of the event. Tickets will not be able to be purchased before this time. Upon calling (number will be posted closer to the event), you will be sent a ticket to Tee it Up, valet parking pass for the night of the event, and a one-day tournament ticket to your mobile device. Please note that you will not be allowed access to the valet parking area unless you have your pass. If you choose to park in general parking, disregard the valet parking pass. Upon arrival at the Pro-Am tent, you will be directed to the registration table to pay for your ticket.
Transportation & Parking
1. Valet Parking -If you have pre- registered for Tee it Up (pre-registration ends at noon on Tuesday, June 19th), you will receive a valet parking pass good only for the night of Tee It Up, Thursday, June 21st, starting at 5:30pm. Please make sure to have your valet parking pass printed or readily accessible on your mobile device when entering the course. You will not be able to access valet parking without your parking pass. To access the valet lot, follow the signs for All Event Parking, then bear right at the fork on Access Road to the valet station (right in front of our event). Please be sure to also have your ticket to Tee It Up printed or readily accessible on your mobile device.
If you purchase your ticket day of, you will be sent a ticket to Tee it Up, valet parking pass for the night of the event, and a one-day tournament ticket to your mobile device. Please note that you will not be allowed access to the valet parking area unless you have your pass, so be sure to call and register before arriving. If you choose to park in general parking, disregard the valet parking pass.
2. Drop Off & Ride Share- If you are taking a ride sharing service, taxi, or will be dropped off at the event, there will be a designated lot for this use. You will not be able to use the valet parking pass. Use the address 1 Golf Club Rd, Cromwell. Drivers will then follow the signs for rideshare lot. Please be sure to have your ticket to Tee It Up printed or readily accessible on your mobile device as you will enter the. 9th Hole Gate to gain access. You will then need to walk to the Pro-Am tent. Please see the map below for details.
Please note that the bar will close
Please note that the bar will close at 8:30PM, thirty minutes prior to the end of the event. Please have your ID with you and drink responsibly.
Drive, Chip, & Putt Golf Tournament
There is an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition at the event. You can compete as many times as you would like in any of the three categories. Entry is $5 for one category, or $15 for all three plus one mulligan shot of your choice. Tickets can be purchased at the event. Tee It Up attendees should NOT bring their own clubs to the event. Demo clubs will be provided.
The process for the tournament is as follows:
- Upon arrival/registration, players will receive a ticket/s and a scorecard at the registration table.
- Players can start from any of the three holes they choose, and do not have to participate in all three categories.
- Players will take three shots per category, with points awarded for each shot.Points from all three shots will be accumulated for a total score.
- Upon completion, players should return their score cards to the starter stand where they will be added to the leader board.
- The highest score in each of the three categories will win a prize.
There will be a silent auction at Tee It Up to help raise additional funds for The First Tee Connecticut, Junior Achievement of Southwest New England, and The Village for Families & Children. All items must be picked up and paid for before leaving the event. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A preview list of items can be found on the HYPE Blog. We will be continuously updating this list as we receive items.
This is a casual event. Ladies usually wear sundresses, and men can be comfortable in pants/shorts and a polo shirt (suit/tie unnecessary). Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Join us for the after party at Salute!!
If you have any additional questions, please contact HYPE Executive Director Kim Bishop. Stay tuned for more updates and information!!