Hey HYPEster Superheros! It’s time to suit up, secure your cape and join your fellow Oak Hill Superheroes in the 2018 Hartford Marathon!!!
Oak Hill has formed a team of walkers, runners, and volunteers for the Hartford Marathon races taking place on Saturday, October 13, 2018. We hope that our involvement in this race will raise awareness about different disabilities and Oak Hill services.
Did you know nearly 12% of Americans are living with a type of disability? That’s about 40 million people in the United States.
Here’s the race rundown:
- Team Goals: TEAM OAK HILL goals include reaching 125 registered team members to participate in a race, raising $125 for each of those 125 registered participants, and recruiting 30 volunteers to help on the course and cheer the team on.
- Theme – Superhero! We know you all use your super powers on a daily basis, so now is your opportunity to dress the part. We encourage you to come dressed on race day to walk/run/volunteer as your favorite superhero! *Best dressed superhero, will receive a prize on race day! Let’s show everyone what we are made of!
- Race Participants- To celebrate the launch of our 125th Anniversary, we want 125 walkers and/or runners representing Team Oak Hill! We currently have 50 team members registered, so we need your help to boost our numbers! Register for Team Oak Hill! On your registration form, remember to select “continue as guest,” choose Oak Hill in the “Run for Charity” drop down menu, and use discount code: CHARITY18OAKHILL.
- Volunteers – Our volunteers are our superheroes too! We have almost reached our goal of 30 volunteers and we need your help to get us there! Right now we are at 22 volunteers- only 8 more to our goal! This year’s volunteer team will be taking on an important role as the course monitors. These superheroes are assigned to a specific location/intersection along the race route to direct athletes and cheer them on! The link and volunteer waiver can be found here. As a thank you for your Superhero duties, volunteers will receive some AWESOME “swag” this year including a race jacket and bag! This is an opportunity to give back to our community AND get some cool stuff!
- Fundraising- We have set a fundraising goal for our 125 runners and walkers of $125 per person to continue the theme of our 125th Anniversary. This will bring us to a total of $15,625 raised for Oak Hill program participants. Sign up with Team Oak Hill on Crowdrise and start your fundraising efforts. You can also donate under the general Oak Hill account or under another team member’s name by clicking the “Donate Now” button to the right hand side and filling out the form that follows.
- Race Packet Pickup – We will host a packet pick up and spaghetti dinner the night before the big race (October 12th at 5:30 – 8:30) on Oak Hill’s main campus in the gymnasium. All Team Oak Hill participants must pick up their race packets that day on campus, and are invited to stay for a hearty plate of pasta to fuel up for the next morning!
Let’s all come together for this wonderful cause and help TEAM OAK HILL to reach its goals! Contact Stephanie Knightly by email or 860-769-3802 with any questions!