What is Tee it Up?.
Tee it Up for Charity is HYPE’s signature event held annually on Thursday night during the Travelers Championship. The event features music by My Life Your Entertainment DJ, delicious food, an open bar, photo booth by After Hours Photo Booth, a silent auction, and an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition. Every single dollar raised is donated to charity. In 2018 over 200 Tee It Up attendees raised $11,300 for charity, bringing our total raised since 2010 to over $123,000! The June 20th, 2019 event will benefit The First Tee Connecticut and Junior Achievement of Southwest New England.
How much does it cost to attend?
Early registration (by Wednesday, June 19th at 11:59pm) is $40 for HYPE members and $50 for non-members. Please note that no walk ins will be accepted this year, but day of tickets will be available to purchase through our website until 2pm on Thursday, June 20th. Day of tickets are $50 regardless of membership status.
Anything else included?
Your registration for Tee It Up includes a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship that can be used any day of the tournament. This year ALL tickets will be sent electronically! You will receive a Tee It Up ticket for the night of the event, a valet parking pass good for the day of the event beginning at 5:30pm, and a 1-day general admission ticket to the Travelers Championship.
Accessing Your Tickets
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with the subject “Lucky you! You have an offer from HYPE - MetroHartford Alliance”, from email@example.com. Please note that tickets will not be sent until the first week June. If you registered before June, you can expect and email within the first week. If you register in June, you will not receive a ticket email immediately upon registering. You will receive an email with ticket information within a week of registering. The email will prompt you to accept the ticket transfer. Once accepted, you will be directed to a login page. You will have to create a simple account in order to log in and receive your tickets. Once your login is created, you will have access to your tickets. All tickets can be printed or downloaded to your mobile device.
- Upon receiving an email with the subject “Lucky you! You have an offer from HYPE - MetroHartford Alliance”, from firstname.lastname@example.org, open the email and accept the transfer
- Follow the instruction to create an account
- Click accept tickets
- Click Continue
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with the subject “Get ready! Your tickets are now available” from email@example.com
- Login to access tickets for the event on your mobile device or to print them
More help here https://travelerschampionship.com/manage-your-tickets/
Transportation & Parking
- Valet Parking - If you have registered for Tee it Up you will receive a valet parking pass good only for the night of Tee It Up, Thursday, June 20th, starting at 5:30pm. Please make sure to have your valet parking pass printed or readily accessible on your mobile device when entering the course. You will not be able to access valet parking without your parking pass. To access the valet lot, follow the signs for All Event Parking, then bear right at the fork on Access Road to the valet station (right in front of our event). Please be sure to also have your ticket to Tee It Up printed or readily accessible on your mobile device. Please note that you will not be allowed access to the valet parking area unless you have your pass. If you choose to park in general parking, disregard the valet parking pass.
- Drop Off- If you are taking a ride sharing service, taxi, or will be dropped off at the event, please use the GREEN LOT. You will not be able to use the valet parking pass. Please be sure to have your ticket to Tee It Up printed or readily accessible on your mobile device. See map below for details.
Drive, Chip, & Putt Golf Tournament
There is an optional Drive, Chip, & Putt competition at the event. You can compete as many times as you would like in any of the three categories. Entry is $5 for one category, or $15 for all three plus one mulligan shot of your choice. Tickets can be purchased at the event. Tee It Up attendees should NOT bring their own clubs to the event. Demo clubs will be provided.
The process for the tournament is as follows:
- Upon arrival/registration, players will receive a ticket/s and a scorecard at the registration table.
- Players can start from any of the three holes they choose, and do not have to participate in all three categories.
- Players will take three shots per category, with points awarded for each shot.Points from all three shots will be accumulated for a total score.
- Upon completion, players should return their score cards to the starter stand where they will be added to the leader board.
- The highest score in each of the three categories will win a prize.
There will be a silent auction at Tee It Up to help raise additional funds for The First Tee Connecticut and Junior Achievement of Southwest New England. All items must be picked up and paid for before leaving the event. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A preview list of items can be found on the HYPE Blog. We will be continuously updating this list as we receive items.
This is a casual event. Ladies usually wear sundresses, and men can be comfortable in pants/shorts and a polo shirt (suit/tie unnecessary). Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Join us for the after party at Salute!!
If you have any additional questions, please contact Executive Director of Talent Attraction & Retention Kim Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org