Small State Great Beer connects over 45+ CT breweries with thousands of attendees across two sessions in an immersive festival experience in Downtown Hartford, and they are in need of volunteers for the September 14th event!
Volunteers will assist with event production responsibilities such as, set-up and break-down, vendor placement, ice distribution, wrist banding, trash removal, information, assisting traffic flow + lines and other responsibilities as needed. There will be volunteer training (tentatively Wednesday, September 11 from 6:30pm-7:30pm) and all volunteers must be 21 and over.
Volunteer tasks include:
- Brewery Load In – Volunteers will assist with directing breweries upon arrival, helping breweries to their appropriate booths, ice deliveries, and physical load in.
- Operations – Volunteers will assist the operations staff with specific needs such as setup, restocking, continuous cleanup in various areas, breakdown, etc.
- Brewery Assistance – Volunteers will assist breweries with whatever is needed, continuously emptying their dump buckets (buckets the breweries fill when they rinse out an attendees glass), refilling the breweries water pitchers, ice deliveries.
- Front Gate – Volunteers will assist with wristbanding, scanning tickets, directing attendees, line control, handing out beer glasses to attendees, etc.
- Breakdown - Volunteers will assist with cleanup, breaking down tables and tents, helping
- Floaters - Volunteers will do a little bit of each task as they will be rotating activities to help relieve other volunteers for their breaks
All volunteers will receive a festival t-shirt and food voucher for the day of the event, and drinking is strictly prohibited while volunteering.