Girls for Technology
is hosting their inaugural fundraising gala, The Future is Now
, on Friday, November 15th at Hartford Marriott Downtown. With a fundraising goal of $100,000, Girls for Technology will in turn, ensure their programs, opportunities and support will reach 2,000 future innovators and beyond.
Girls For Technology is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded with the express mission of providing life-changing opportunities in the world of STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math. They have helped over 650 girls in the Greater Hartford region participate in courses and experiences, which invoke dreams of discovery, ultimately leading to bright prosperous futures.
Programs offered are:
- Saturday Math and Science Academy: Project-based workshops for pre-college young women to learn among enthusiastic peers with common interests.
- Spark Hart: Annual engaging and immersive Hack-a-thon competition impacting up to 100 diverse youth
- Annual College Tour: Exposes aspiring rising 8th-11th grade girls to cultural experiences and to the world of HBCU’s in order to promote increased attendance at these institutions of higher learning.
- After-School Program: Provides STEM-focused expanded learning opportunities, through hands-on and project- based learning.
- Pipeline 4.0 initiative: a high-tech career pre-apprenticeship program for young adults 18-24. This program provides training, support services, and career navigation assistance to promote skills and awareness to enter and succeed in within the apprenticeship, and ultimately, careers.
The Future Is Now gala will feature will include a delicious meal, entertainment, live auction, and special guest speaker Jasmine Lawrence, an engineer and entrepreneur that is currently serving as a technical program manager on the Portal (formerly Building 8) team at Facebook.
Support Girls for Technology by purchasing a table, sponsorship
, or ticket